Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Photoshoots 1-3

Photoshoot 1

In the first photoshoot I conducted, my model, Ruby, first dressed up as an actress. I took lots of photos of her which I can use for part of my magazine and website which will be about an actres promoting an upcoming film. I am happy with how some of these turned out, and I will likely use one of them for the front cover. Next, I also took photos of Ruby in character for her film, so I can use stills from the movie inside the magazine and on the website. I took inspiration from various drama films, including One Fine Morning and A Good Person, as well as from the poster for Call Me By Your Name, as I love how striking the low angled shot looks against the bright blue sky. 




  


Photoshoot 2

In this photoshoot, I took lots of photos of my second model, Aahna. The images taken in the studio set-up are promotional images for the film and those taken outside are the "in character" ones. I am also happy with how these photos turned out, as some of them are close to the mafia tone I was going for, especially when put into black and white. I took inspiration from the many mafia/ crime films over the years, like Goodfellas and The Godfather for their moody, striking cinematography. 



Photoshoot 3

For this photoshoot, I thought it would be useful to photograph a wider age range of "characters", so I asked my mum, who is Japanese, to wear traditional Japanese clothing (a kimono) and took photos of her in a woodland/ marsh area. The inspiration for this was old Japanese arthouse films, in particular horrors, so although the raw images didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, I knew I would edit significantly to create a highly stylised look. I was inspired by films such as Orochi (1925), Kuroneko (1968), and Onibaba (1964) for their vintage, ethereal aesthetic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Statement of Intent